Licensing, Publishing and Trademarking

Licensing Music for Films, TV, Commercials and Computer Games

Whenever a producer of a film, television show, commercial, or computer game wants to use music in a project, there are two different kinds of licenses which normally come into play: (1) a “Synchronization License” and (2) a “Master Use License.”

Licensing Your Masters Overseas

If you are an artist or indie label, one way to significantly expand your universe is to license your master recordings to record companies outside the United States.

Eight Types of Publishing Deals: An Overview

People often speak of “publishing deals” in a generic way, which implies that there is only one kind of publishing deal. In fact, there are a number of different kinds of publishing deals.

Trademarking Band Names: The Basic Steps

Finding the right band name can be a tricky process. You not only need to find a name that fits the band well, but also a name that is not already being used by another band.

Comments are closed.